Do you think it is . . .?
- someone else?
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS
- “But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”—2 Corinthians 4:3-4.
- “He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”—1 John 3:8.
WHAT THAT CAN MEAN FOR YOU
Logical explanations for the world’s problems.
- “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:” (Romans 5:12).
- “Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.” (Romans 5:14).
Reason to believe that our world will change for the better.
- “Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.” (1 Peter 3:12-13)
CAN WE REALLY BELIEVE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS?
Yes, for at least three reasons:
Satan’s rulership is doomed.
Jehovah has brought Satan’s control over mankind to an end. He did this through His death that He “…might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;” —Hebrews 2:14
God has chosen Jesus Christ to rule the world.
Jesus is the complete opposite of this world’s present cruel, selfish ruler. Concerning Jesus’ kingship, God promises: “I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession; That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.”—1 Timothy 6:13-16.
God cannot lie.
The Bible plainly states: “In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;” —John 12:31. When Jehovah promises to do something, it is as good as done! (Isaiah 55:11) “Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.”—John 12:31.
TO THINK ABOUT
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?The Bible answers that question at PSALM 37:10, 11 and REVELATION 21:3-5.