Would you say . . .yes?no?maybe?
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS
- “…there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.”—Acts 24:15.
- “Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.”—John 5:28-29
WHAT THAT CAN MEAN FOR YOU
Comfort when loved ones die.
“Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.”—1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
Freedom from a morbid fear of death.
“O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. —1 Corinthians 15:55-57
A real hope of being reunited with your dead loved ones.
“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.” –2 Corinthians 5:10
CAN WE REALLY BELIEVE WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS?
Yes, for at least three reasons:
- God is the Creator of life. The Bible says, “In…” God “…was life: and the life was the light of men.” (John 1:1-4). The One who gave life to all living creatures is certainly capable of giving eternal life to someone who wants it. He gives us the Bible so those “…that believe on the name of the Son of God…“ may “…know that…” they “…have eternal life…” ( 1John 5:13).
- God has resurrected humans in the past. The Bible reports instances of humans—young, old, male, and female—who were brought back to life on earth. Some had been dead for a short while, but one had been in a tomb for four days! —John 11:39-44.
- God is willing to do it again. He hates death; He views it as an enemy. (1 Corinthians 15:26) He has a longing to conquer that enemy, to undo death by means of the resurrection.
TO THINK ABOUT A young boy growing into an old man. Why do we grow old and die? The Bible answers that question at GENESIS 3:17-19 and ROMANS 5:12.2